Friday, May 13, 2022

MB Prompts #1

 Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 08:00:00 -0500

Subject:      [WRITERS] EXERCISE: A Line In Deed (was: Re: FILL: A Poll For Us)

At 04:30 PM 12/22/98 -0800, Anthony V. Toscano wrote:
:)but they're all a bunch of oil-glazed pinkos sporting polka-dot panties and
:)bad attitudes, so pay them no mind.

[you'll probably recognize the tune soon enough...]

oil-glazed pinkos in polka-dot panties,
bad attitudes spiked with a stiletto,
these are a part of my curmudgeonry!
when the reds bomb...when Iraq burns...

(psst!  there's a beginning.  feel free to add to the chorus, to make the
welkin ring, to get up on that soapbox and raise a ruckus...)

[what, you don't know "These are a few of my favorite things"?]

"The friends that have it I do wrong
When ever I remake a song
Should know what issue is at stake,
It is myself that I remake."  William Butler Yeats

tink

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's An Idea

  Tuesday, August 03, 2004 Be like an athlete training for the Olympic Games. Fill a journal jar with the Writer's Digest daily prompts....